Scholarships: Scholarships are monetary gifts presented to students who meet conditions defined by the person or group giving the money. Many organizations, agencies, and businesses offer scholarships. There are many online sources of information about available scholarships.
Scholarships offer a good way to help pay for your education. Thousands of scholarships are available each year, and every one of them has its own unique requirements. You must search out scholarships to match your own skills, interests, heritage, and field of study. Also, be sure to keep track of your academic achievements, work experience, and extracurricular activities. Many scholarships are based on your involvement in certain activities and/or your association with particular groups.
Before starting your UCC Foundation Scholarship application, read these important Instructions!
Please read the instructions prior to creating an account. A very specific email address is needed to create an account!
The 2014-2015 UCC Foundation Scholarship Process is OPEN
Please read the instructions for applying prior to creating an account.
The deadline is March 14, 2014. Application, materials, and recommendations must be uploaded and submitted by the deadline.
- To see a sample of the generic UCC scholarship application:
- 2013-2014 UCC Foundation Bus Pass Grant: Please start turning in spring term subsidized bus passes March 24, 2014. This is when bus passes are available for purchase.
- Spring Term AB McGuire Child Care Grant Application:
There is limited funding for spring term. Please indicate on the application if you are receiving CCAMPIS funding.
Deadline Wednesday, March 26, 2014 at 4:00pm.
UCC Scholars Program Information
Outside Agency/Community Opportunities:
Opportunities listed must be applied for individually. Follow the specific directions for each scholarship. Deadlines and criteria may vary. Check back frequently because we update this information weekly.
- Oregon Student Access Commission (OSAC)
- Deadline: March 1, 2014. The Early Bird Deadline for a drawing to win a $500 OSAC Scholarship is February 15, 2014.
- The Ford Family Foundation opportunities are available through OSAC.
**If you receive a scholarship from an outside/community agency (any agency other than the UCC Foundation) please complete this form and turn it into the Scholarship Office (TC 107) as soon as possible! Outside-Community Scholarship Notification Form
More Scholarship Websites:
- Be sure to file your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) early! You can start applying December 31, 2013 at 9:00pm PST. Apply here: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/ Please note that many scholarship opportunities require a FAFSA to be filed.
- Scholarships Tips and Advice: Need a little advice about how to get started or ways to improve your application? Check out this short list of tips and advice. Scholarship Tips and Advice
- Scholarship Scams: Be aware and wary of ‘scholarship scams’ and organizations that promise money or who are willing to do the work for you. For more information about scholarship ‘scams’ or things to look out for, visit: http://www.finaid.org/scholarships/scams.phtml
- Getting Organized? Here is a form to help you track volunteer, work, and school activities: Activities Chart
- Cost of School? Here is a link to UCC’s 2013-2014 Standard Student Budget: http://www.umpqua.edu/images/FormPubs/finaid/SS__Budget_1314.pdf
- How do scholarships impact my financial aid? Check out our example here: Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Need help writing a thank you letter to a donor(s)? Here are some tips and examples: How to write a proper thank you letter
- How does my GED Score convert to a GPA? Correlation of GED scores with Grade Point Average
Here are some of our 2013-2014 Scholarships Recipients saying Thank you to our donors!
If you have any questions about the UCC Foundation Scholarship application or other general scholarship questions, please contact Krista Johnson, Scholarship and Donor Relations Coordinator at (541) 440-7674 or email@example.com.