Scholarships: Scholarships are monetary gifts presented to students who meet conditions defined by the person or group giving the money. Many organizations, agencies, and businesses offer scholarships. There are many online sources of information about available scholarships.
Scholarships offer a good way to help pay for your education. Thousands of scholarships are available each year, and every one of them has its own unique requirements. You must search out scholarships to match your own skills, interests, heritage, and field of study. Also, be sure to keep track of your academic achievements, work experience, and extracurricular activities. Many scholarships are based on your involvement in certain activities and/or your association with particular groups.
Scholarship Application Links:
Umpqua Community College Opportunities:
- UCC Foundation Scholarships and Endowments: The UCC Foundation Scholarship Application window for the 2013-2014 academic year is closed. The application process will open February 7th and will close March 14th, 2014 for the 2014-2015 academic year. To view a complete list of UCC Foundation scholarships, click HERE. To see a sample of the generic UCC scholarship application: UCC Scholarship Application 2013-14
- 2013-2014 UCC Foundation Bus Pass Grant: Please start turning in winter term subsidized bus pass forms December 16th This is when bus passes are available for purchase.
- Winter Term Cow Creek Child Care Grant Application: Application deadline is Friday, December 13th at 4:00pm.
Outside Agency/Community Opportunities:
- Outside/Community opportunities listed must be applied for individually. Follow the specific directions for each scholarship. Deadlines and criteria may vary. Check back frequently because we update this information frequently.
- Oregon Student Access Commission (OSAC)
- Deadline: March 1, 2014. The Early Bird Deadline for a drawing to win a $500 OSAC Scholarship is February 15, 2014.
- The Ford Family Foundation opportunities are available through OSAC.
**If you receive a scholarship from an outside/community agency (any agency other than the UCC Foundation) please complete this form and turn it into the Scholarship Office (TC 107) as soon as possible! Outside-Community Scholarship Notification Form
More Scholarship Websites:
Be sure to file your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) early! You can start applying December 31, 2013 at 9:00pm PST. Apply here: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
Scholarships Tips and Advice: Need a little advice about how to get started or ways to improve your application? Check out this short list of tips and advice. Scholarship Tips and Advice
Scholarship Scams: Be aware and wary of ‘scholarship scams’ and organizations that promise money or who are willing to do the work for you. For more information about scholarship ‘scams’ or things to look out for, visit: http://www.finaid.org/scholarships/scams.phtml
Cost of School? Here is a link to UCC’s 2013-2014 Standard Student Budget: http://www.umpqua.edu/images/FormPubs/finaid/SS__Budget_1314.pdf
How do scholarships impact my financial aid? Check out our example here: Scholarships and Financial Aid
Need help writing a thank you letter to a donor(s)? Here are some tips and examples: How to write a proper thank you letter
Here are some of our 2013-2014 Scholarships Recipients saying Thank you to our donors!
If you have any questions about the UCC Foundation Scholarship application or other general scholarship questions, please contact Krista Johnson, Scholarship and Donor Relations Coordinator at (541) 440-7674 or firstname.lastname@example.org.